2020 Deliveries to Orange and Durham Counties and Lomax Incubator Farm
The Nitty Gritty of Orange and Durham County Farm Stops:
- A $300 minimum order per stop (can be combined orders)
- A small delivery charge per stop $20 for Orange County farms and $30 for Durham County farm (can be shared among orders - many neighbors coordinate 3-5 orders to be dropped at a single location bringing individual delivery fees down as low as $4-$6 each!)
- Enough room for us to turn around with an F350 truck pulling a 20' flatbed trailer without us getting stuck in the mud!
- Place orders 3 days before scheduled delivery by phone or email. Payment can be made over phone with a credit card or on delivery with cash or check.
We encourage neighbors and friends working together to save money by coordinating common shared stops. For instance, if three neighbors place orders with us and one agrees to accept all of the orders at her farm, then the three orders together only need to total a minimum of $300. In this case, for a Durham County stop, the stop charge would be divided equally among the neighbors so each order would have $10 added. We would handle taking all of the orders and payments ourselves. You would just let us know if you were coordinating with others for a common drop site. Of course, we're also happy to stop for a single order as long as the requirements above are met.
2021 Projected Delivery Dates for Orange and Durham Counties
- Tuesday, January 12
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays in February Through October
- Tuesday, November 9
- Tuesday, December 7
Please note that seasonal product arrivals may require us to be flexible with this schedule from time to time, but we will attempt to stick to this delivery schedule as best as possible so everyone can plan accordingly. We travel with a flat bed truck and trailer so deliveries will also be weather dependent and may need to be changed at last minute due to rain.
Seasonal, time-sensitive arrivals that may dictate delivery schedule adjustments:
- Late February - seed potatoes
- Late May/ Early June - sweet potato slips
- Late September - strawberry plugs
- Late September/ Early October - seed garlic
IMPORTANT: We send out routine email reminders before each scheduled trip. Please let us know if you'd like to received these reminders by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: This email list is different from our email newsletter.
Lomax Incubator Farm Deliveries
In 2016, we began making runs to Lomax Incubator Farm for growers in the Concord area. These deliveries are open to any area growers, not just those working directly with Lomax. We have farms travel from as far away as South Carolina and Hickory, NC to meet us in Concord. Let us know if you want to get on the Lomax delivery list to get emails about future deliveries to the area.
The Nitty Gritty of Lomax Incubator Farm Deliveries:
- Place orders before scheduled delivery by phone or email. Payment can be made over phone with a credit card or on delivery with cash or check. Ask to get on the Lomax Incubator Delivery email list to receive notices of delivery dates.
- A total delivery fee of $140 for us to make the run - This delivery fee will be divided among the total number of farm orders we receive... so if 10 growers order, each will pay $14 added to their order.
- An additional $10 stop charge for any area grower who want us to deliver directly to his farm (This person will pay the divided portion of the Lomax delivery + $10 for the extra stop... may be worth it for larger orders.)
2020 Projected Delivery Dates for Lomax Farm Area Deliveries
- February 28: seed potatoes, spring grower supplies
- May 22: sweet potato slips, summer grower supplies, fall potting mixes
- September 23: strawberry plugs, seed garlic, , cover crops, fall supplies
We will gladly add more dates to this list, but we need to have enough growers participating to make this work for all involved!