We do not ship bare roots!
As things heat up, think about things cooling down...
New for the 2021/22 planting season:
- New to the list this year.... Red Mulberry, Sugarberry and Chinkapin Oak.
- Some other species offered in year's past are not available for 2022. If it's not listed, we do not have access to it as a bare root plant for this next go-around.
- If you are doing any large installations and need bundles of 50 per species, better pricing is available. Contact Hillary directly, email@example.com for bundle pricing if you are interested. This only applies to single varieties; if your order totals 50 bare roots of different varieties, the per-each pricing applies.
It's time to plan what you want to introduce into your landscape this winter as dormant, bare root seedlings/plants. Read on about bare roots or see the order form at the bottom of this page.
Bare root plants are a great, inexpensive and efficient way to fill out your landscape. By installing them as young & dormant plants you reap many rewards.
- First, bare root plants are CHEAP! Compared to buying potted plants that may be 2-5 years old, these little ones are 1-2 years old and only a couple dollars each!
- Second, you don't have to work too hard. By planting them young, many times all you'll need is a trowel! No need for a huge hole; just enough to get the roots in the ground & you're done.
- Third, the plant will get off to a running start come spring. All winter, it will continue to develop its root system so when it's time to break dormancy, your plants are in good shape to get growing. As the season progresses, you'll notice you won't need to water as much as spring-planted trees/shrubs because of the time they had during the winter to get established.
Submit orders in person, via email or over the phone.
No deposit is due. A firm commitment to come pick up your stock when we notify you it has arrived is all that's required. Hillary is handling our bare root orders, so best to email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plants are due to arrive in January 2021
The exact date will be announced via email in the late fall and is weather-dependent.
Learn More About Native Plants
All of our bare roots are coming from Mellow Marsh Farm, a local leader in native plants. Check out their webpage as an excellent resource to learn more about specific plant varieties.