Country Farm & Home Non GMO Feeds
- GMO Free.
- NC Grown & Milled.
- 100% Traceable.
- Scientifically Formulated.
We are proud to be partnering with Jeff Bender of Bender Farms to bring you clean, nutritious, locally grown and milled feed. Our line of non-GMO feeds that are both affordable and healthy, focusing on a transparent supply chain and quality ingredients that will help you increase your farm’s productivity and profitability. The grains in our feed are 100% traceable to North and South Carolina Farms with the majority of them being grown on Jeff Bender’s 500 acre farm in Warren County. The rations were formulated by Crystal Creek Natural in Wisconsin and are backed by scientific data to promote wellness and productivity in your livestock. We thank you for trying our feed and welcome any feedback as we continue to develop and grow a feed program that will secure safe, healthy food for our friends and farming community.
Jeff got his start farming in the dairy business on his father's farm in the early 1990s. Over the past three decades, Jeff has grown tobacco, produce, and grain crops using both conventional and organic practices. Since the start of our feed program in 2017, Jeff has transitioned away from tobacco. Jeff currently uses practices of conservation and crop rotation growing produce for wholesale distribution, grains and legumes for our feed program, open-pollinated corn for seed distribution, and specialty corn crops for distilleries on over approximately 500 acres. Crops Jeff is currently growing for our feed program include wheat, oats, corn, soybeans, milo, peas and barley. Additionally, Jeff recently installed a soybean roaster so he can do all soybean processing on site. Jeff does not use any genetically modified seed in any of his farming practices. Additionally, Jeff does not have any neighboring farms growing genetically modified crops, so we feel comfortable that cross contamination will not occur. All of our feed is milled and bagged at Jeff's farm.
How Can You Buy Our Feed?
- Stop by our store. See the price list below for what we should always have in stock.
- Get our feed delivered on our farm delivery route to Orange and Durham County farms.
- Arrange for delivery directly from Bender Farms to your farm. For locations close to Jeff's farm, we may utilize our trucks. For more distant locations, LTL trucking will be used, so ordering full pallets of feed (40 bag increments) will spread shipping costs most efficiently. Call Melinda at (919) 545-4429 to inquire about shipping/deliver logistics.
- Pre-order feed and pick up directly at Bender Farms. How does this work?
- Because Jeff is operating a 500 acre farm as well as a feed program, feed and other farm operations occur on alternating weeks. Orders are due every other Monday, and feed is ready to pick up by end of the week. Email Melinda at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the email order reminder list for on farm pick ups. Extra feed is typically not kept on hand at the farm, so on-farm feed pick up is available by order only.
- Email your feed order to email@example.com by Monday morning at 5am on a milling week. Melinda will respond with a confirmation and follow up later with more details.
- Pricing for feed pick-up on farm is below in the right hand column of our price list. You will be charged the same price regardless of quantity of bags ordered. Why? Customers picking up on-farm are charged wholesale pricing plus a small administrative fee, that's it!
- When feed is ready for pick up, you'll be sent an invoice as well as contact info for Jeff Bender. Payment should be made to Melinda through Country Farm and Home. Most customers leave a credit card on file, but if interested in other options, contact Melinda (919) 545-4429. Credit cards are not charged until an invoice has been sent and confirmed.
- Contact Jeff directly to arrange a pick up time.
Pricing For In-Stock Feed
These Feeds Are Milled Routinely and Always On Hand At The Store
Pricing For Custom Feeds
These Feeds Are Milled Occasionally or By Custom Order
Because the following feeds are not milled routinely and floor-stocked at the store, ordering must occur in half ton increments (1000lb) so that the mill can accurately mix ingredients. Occasionally, we can pair smaller growers together to combine orders to meet an order minimum. Let us know your needs, and we will see what we can do.
In addition to the custom rations above, we can work with Crystal Creek Naturals to formulate other feeds for you! There is a half ton minimum (1000lb) on any custom milling. Custom milling can also include requests to add special inputs to your batch of feed and/or change the size grind of the feed. We never custom mill genetically modified grains, medications, or other inputs that could contaminate other batches of feed running through our mill.
Pricing for NON GMO Grains
These Grains Are Available Seasonally
You will need to inquire about availability of any of the grains below. Some of these are floor stocked at the store, and others are available by special order only. There are no order minimums on grains. Seasonally, we sometimes have to cut off sales of grains if we are running short for the feed program.
Buying in Bulk
We offer feed in totes for a $20 savings per ton. We have also worked with growers to put feed in containers other than bags (i.e. pickle barrels, small grain bins, etc) to assist with farm procedures and efficiencies. There is typically a cost savings of $0.50/ 50lbs when feed is packaged in these alternative bulk ways. Contact Melinda to discuss details if interested.
About Our Feed Tags and Ingredients
You’ll notice links at the bottom of this page for our most common feed tags. When we worked on each feed ration and designed the tags, we discussed at length how much information to include on each tag. We chose to go with a more general description of “Grain Products” and “Forage Products” because we may need to occasionally change some of the grains in the feed seasonally depending on harvests and availability. Having a more general ingredient list gives us the flexibility to make those changes without having to submit a new feed tag to the NCDA each time a change is made. Having said that, if you ever want to know the exact ingredients in the feed, just ask. We are happy to share with you each of the grains going into the feed and also when any of those grains may change through the year. Our feed is always milled with whole grains, legumes (soybeans and/or peas), and a Crystal Creek ration balancer. Depending on the ration, other ingredients may also include salt, calcium, and individual amino acids for improved digestion. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request any additional feed tag not listed below.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have questions.
Melinda Fitzgerald – Sales
Jeff Bender - Manufacturing